[Coco] Hi all. New to the list

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Feb 24 13:50:06 EST 2010

Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
> John,
>
> There is no such HDB-DOS image in existence.  There is simply not enough room in the 8K ROM area to support both DW and another interface type.
>
> Now copying between different interfaces?  That is possible outside of HDB-DOS but would need an external program.
>
> You going to have this ready by the fest? :)
>
> Boisy

This has been briefly discussed in the past and it is only a problem with Disk
Basic files not OS-9 files. What follows presumes you don't want to use a floppy
disk on the Coco and intermediate storage.

One way to get a file from a drivewire disk to a IDE/SCSI disk is by using a RAM
disk on the Coco. 1) Start either a DW3 or hard disk HDBDOS system and
initialize a RAM drive. 2) Move the desired file to the RAM drive. 3) Restart
the Coco (Alt/Ctrl/Reset) without turning off the power and switch to the
alternate ROM. 4) Restart the RAM disk which will find the content intact. 5)
Move the file from the RAM disk to the required DW3 or hard drive.

I think Cloud-9 supplies RAM disk software for the HDB-DOS hard drive systems.