[Coco] Hi all. New to the list

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Tue Feb 23 21:35:04 EST 2010

Todd Wallace wrote:
> I noticed there is an OSX version of DriveWire, which is what im using here.  My difficulty arises from how to get the coco side of the software going. The instructions on the website say to use a cassette cable and a .wav file to load the coco program for transferring files. However I have no tape cable, nor do I want to use a .wav file to load each time i want to access the Mac/PC.  Is there a .BIN version of the coco utility for DriveWire from a disk?

If you have a real CoCo disk controller and a way to burn an appropriate
EPROM for it, that's the best way to go.  The drivewire client software
is actually a patched Disk BASIC called HDB-DOS.  I'm not sure about
remember some of the other patched BASICs (like ADOS perhaps?) being
loadable from floppy.

I've got mine in a Disto Super Controller II and it works great.  I've
even gotten it to run from a modified Orchestra 90cc cartridge (though I
still have inexplicable problems being able to toggle between the
original Orch90 ROM and the HDB-DOS, but that's a different matter...)

JCE