[Coco] ASM newbie question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Feb 14 17:44:41 EST 2010

On Sunday 14 February 2010, Tim Fadden wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to assemble a program called cron_vE.asm.  On my first try
>it failed because it couldn't find  /dd/defs/os39defs.

That is my code, and yes it depends on a 6309 aware defsfile.  The changes I
made to the defsfile weren't done so as to be automatically adapting between
the cpu differences.  It has been made to do so for many versions of nitros9
now.

Today that can probably be changed to just os9defs, IF the file and the make
are properly configured such that at assembly time the environment variable
passed to mamou has the symbol H6309 set equ 1.

OTOH, and its been yonks since I walked around in that code, I imagine that
if you do not have a 6309 in your coco, it can be made to assemble for a 6809
with only a little work.

>I assumed it was a typo, and changed it to os9defs.
>
>No I get---    Error: Symbol Table Full.
>
>This program has a script to merge the crontab-datammodule to the exe so
>that it can get its info from memory, instead of from disk.

Yes, that was a later addition.  Having it access the floppy to see if it has
anything to do this exact minute was a bit of a drag and wear on the floppy
of course.  The disadvantage of course it that to edit the 'crontab', it was
a total rebuild.