[Coco] Deluxe Wireless Pak on hold

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Feb 14 17:00:47 EST 2010

On Sunday 14 February 2010, Roger Taylor wrote:
>After reading the rest of this e-mail, I want any pending customer
>who might be reading this to make a decision to either convert their
>order to a Drive Pak or to wait it out with me until A7 finishes
>their relocation or whatever is going on.
>
>I'll be contacting the pending customers directly as well but for
>anybody else who wanted one of these cartridges and was wondering why
>the ad vanished from coco3.com, I wanted to explain.
>
>The wireless pak uses the "EB301" bluetooth module made by A7
>Engineering Corp.  My pak brings the 6551's signals out to a header
>that matches the pins of the EB301 module, so I can plug the module
>in to complete the serial pak into a wireless pak.  Without the EB301
>module, the pak is basically a serial project pak with TTL signals at
>the header.
>
>I have 6 or 7 pending orders of the Deluxe Wireless Pak that are
>overdue.  My last order for 10 buetooth modules was ignored by A7 and
>the money was refunded.  Actually, their authorization charge was
>released back and the actual charge wasn't made.  This was 2 months ago.
>
>Their website leads to a maintenance page when you try to order the
>modules.  I haven't received any replies to their e-mails.
>
>A7 formerly occupied a suite in a building with other companies.  The
>new tenants answered the phone using a name with the word
>"engineering" in it, or so I think I heard it that way, which is kind
>of odd to me but I haven't probed any further about that.  But one of
>the ladies that I finally got passed the phone to after a bit
>referred to the A7 owner by first name and sounded as if she knew
>him, and she gave me his cel phone #.
>
>It is in fact the owner of A7.  He has not replied to my voicemail
>recently left.  I'll try periodically to reach him but I won't bug
>him to death to the point where he doesn't want to deal with me.
>
>I'll let you guys know when I hear something else.  A7 makes a lot of
>stuff, and I feel confident that they will get back rolling soon.  I
>welcome anybody to visit A7's web site to see the little issue I'm
>dealing with:
>http://www.a7eng.com/products/bluetooth/productpages/eb301serialbtadapters.
>htm#orderinfo
>
>To the many existing customers of the Wireless Pak, I want to thank
>you very much for supporting the efforts, and I want to reassure that
>the support will continue.  CoCoNet makes use of the pak to give you
>wireless floppy disks from a nearby PC or the web.  It's great!

If and when they get back to normal business, I'm more than half tempted to
order the bundle 2 and put the external antenna on mine, I need the range.
If that were coupled with bundle 3 here on this box, the connection ought to
be bulletproof.  It needs to get about 25 feet through the floor, and only
makes it part of the time now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

One of the most overlooked advantages to computers is...  If they do
foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little.
		-- Joe Martin