[Coco] Deluxe Wireless Pak on hold

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Feb 14 16:37:20 EST 2010

After reading the rest of this e-mail, I want any pending customer
who might be reading this to make a decision to either convert their
order to a Drive Pak or to wait it out with me until A7 finishes
their relocation or whatever is going on.

I'll be contacting the pending customers directly as well but for
anybody else who wanted one of these cartridges and was wondering why
the ad vanished from coco3.com, I wanted to explain.

The wireless pak uses the "EB301" bluetooth module made by A7
Engineering Corp.  My pak brings the 6551's signals out to a header
that matches the pins of the EB301 module, so I can plug the module
in to complete the serial pak into a wireless pak.  Without the EB301
module, the pak is basically a serial project pak with TTL signals at
the header.

I have 6 or 7 pending orders of the Deluxe Wireless Pak that are
overdue.  My last order for 10 buetooth modules was ignored by A7 and
the money was refunded.  Actually, their authorization charge was
released back and the actual charge wasn't made.  This was 2 months ago.

Their website leads to a maintenance page when you try to order the
modules.  I haven't received any replies to their e-mails.

A7 formerly occupied a suite in a building with other companies.  The
new tenants answered the phone using a name with the word
"engineering" in it, or so I think I heard it that way, which is kind
of odd to me but I haven't probed any further about that.  But one of
the ladies that I finally got passed the phone to after a bit
referred to the A7 owner by first name and sounded as if she knew
him, and she gave me his cel phone #.

It is in fact the owner of A7.  He has not replied to my voicemail
recently left.  I'll try periodically to reach him but I won't bug
him to death to the point where he doesn't want to deal with me.

I'll let you guys know when I hear something else.  A7 makes a lot of
stuff, and I feel confident that they will get back rolling soon.  I
welcome anybody to visit A7's web site to see the little issue I'm
dealing with:
http://www.a7eng.com/products/bluetooth/productpages/eb301serialbtadapters.htm#orderinfo

To the many existing customers of the Wireless Pak, I want to thank
you very much for supporting the efforts, and I want to reassure that
the support will continue.  CoCoNet makes use of the pak to give you
wireless floppy disks from a nearby PC or the web.  It's great!
--
~ Roger Taylor