[Coco] Would anyone like some snow?

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Feb 13 16:10:59 EST 2010

----- "Roger Taylor" <operator at coco3.com> wrote:

> At 03:37 PM 2/10/2010, you wrote:
>
> >For once, Virginia has more snow than New York.....  Only 8 inches?
> >My young son mentioned to me that the Snow Miser had taken over the
> >South....
>
> Yes, a 5-6" blanket swept through, snowing for about a day but for a
> while it was a constant light snow so it took a while to build
> up.  Lots of powder covers the trees and ground and there were lots
> of snowmen built by kids who've never seen it before.  I just got my
> power back on a while ago.  I heard transformers blowing all last
> night, and some downed power lines due to the dern overhanging pine
> trees.  Nothing new, but it's been about 9 years since the last super
> sleet and snow disaster I experienced.
>
> I'll have to deliver last minute roses via Next Day Air tomorrow
> morning in the refreezed slush that's forming right now.  I'm not
> looking forward to this, but I have to do it.
>
> --
> ~ Roger Taylor

New Jersey (makes Hell look as if it's a [not too] bad day in San Diego).  Yeah, 'twere a bitch t'other day.  Got no problem with the Boys in Brown (the only carrier to pick up).  The Boyz in suits at HQ are a different story.  Pickup a bit after noon Wed.  No sweat, nobody else gonna show up (New Penn, Fedex Ground/Express/Local/Freight, Gold Coast, Vitran, several others) -- we wound up shutting down a couple hours early).  UPS picked up.  Just after noon, a bit early but already understood.  All drivers were called home about 15:00.  Our one overnite package was scanned about 30 hours later about 10 miles away where our UPS pickup guy had delivered it for the next stage before 16:00 instead of picking up packages from other people locally.  That's the complaint.  We _know_ your bosses had it.  What happened inside the Secaucus depot?  (Mind you, I applied to sort stuff there a few years ago, never got called back -- I assume I failed the negative IQ test).
-
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net