[Coco] Would anyone like some snow?

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:33:20 EST 2010

I could dispense some snow too, we're on our way to pass the 8" mark here on
Staten Island.

Regarding CoCo 1/2 Word Processors, I have used both Vip Writer and
Telewriter 64 (and RS's own Color Scripsit). Telewriter has the bragging
rights of being the first to go hi-res but IMHO the VIP software took the
concept one step ahead offering more capable means to get the job done; the
patch that was issued to Telewriter 64 put it closer to the features I
sought in a WP and that VIP had.

Opinions will surely swing left & right, each valid per the personal taste
of a distinct user. For some jobs I had to do back in school the basic
offerings from Color Scripsit were enough, I loved how that package actually
provided for a rather good WP system at a very low cost - compared to other
systems available at the time; even the TEXT application in CoCo Deskmate
can do well for an occasional note or two.

In a nutshell: the best WP tool in my arsenal is VIP Writer :-)

-- Rogelio