[Coco] System gen problem

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 07:20:53 EST 2010

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Aaron Wolfe wrote:

> oh...  not sure you want to do that, unless you want to try out dw4.
> using the older drivers would probably be a good way to eliminate some
> variables.  since you know the drivers on your older DW root disk do
> work, simply putting those same drivers on your new boot disk would
> seem to be the most controlled test scenario.

?? They work only for a limited definition of "work".  To recap:

Using the drivers on the DW root disk, I cannot generate a system that
will boot from floppy, use my hard disk as root AND provide access to DW
volumes.  Switching to the newer drivers was a "Hail Mary" play to see if
perhaps later work squashed whatever bug I've been hitting.

Boisy's note implied that the latest drivers _should_ now work with the
patched DW3 server (emphasis on "should", since he was not able to test
it).

Steve