[Coco] System gen problem

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Feb 9 18:29:25 EST 2010

Steven Hirsch wrote:
> I suppose it's worth asking. Has anyone reading this been able to
> generate a nitros9 boot file that:
>
> (a) Boots from a floppy
> (b) Uses an attached hard drive as the default disk
> and
> (c) Is also able to access DW volumes?

Here is what I do which is more or less what you want.
My Coco3 system runs RGBDOS and is a Ken-Ton hard drive system. I have an OS-9 boot disk on the hard drive.
I boot into NitrOS-9 from the "floppy" disk on the hard drive and of course the hard drive is /DD. The os9boot file
contains rbdw3, dw3, X0, X1, X2, and X3. It does NOT use the Drivewire clock module as I have a hardware clock on the Coco.
I have no problems accessing images mounted in the PC Drivewire server. The Drivewire software is version 3.