[Coco] System gen problem

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Feb 9 12:00:20 EST 2010

On Tuesday 09 February 2010, Steven Hirsch wrote:

>>> I am not seeing an OP_RESET.  It shows UNKNOWN(248), but not every time.
>>
>> 248 is equivalent to OP_RESET, recognition of this is added in our new
>> version.  Not sure why you don't always see it, but sounds like things
>> are OK then.
>
>Stranger and stranger all the time.  I went right back to basics and tried
>building a basic kernel that supports only the floppy drives (/d0==/dd)
>and the drivewire drives (/x0 and /x1) using the 'mb' script on the
>drivewire example image from Cloud9.  Doesn't work.
>
>To recap:  Using the Cloud9 HDB ROM, I can boot directly from a DW server
>running on Linux.  Everything operates correctly.  Any and all attempts at
>building a system that boots _elsewhere_ (even one where /x0==/dd!) under
>the standard ROM yet recognizes the DW volume(s) has failed.
>
>The server appears to see a reset from the CoCo, but other than that -
>nothing.  When I try to access /x0 from the CoCo, it hangs.
>
>What on earth am I doing wrong?  I have no trouble generating systems,
>some quite complex, that support all the rest of my hardware!
>
>Steve
>

>--

Steve:  In your local mb script, did you change the boot module to be
'boot_dw3'?

That is the line that reads:
merge ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/rel_80 ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/boot_1773_6ms ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/krn>bttemp
which should now read
merge ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/rel_80 ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/boot_dw3 ../MODULES/BOOTTRACK/krn>bttemp

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

The rule on staying alive as a forecaster is to give 'em a number or
give 'em a date, but never give 'em both at once.
		-- Jane Bryant Quinn