[Coco] OT Problems with Windows Mail on Vista

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Feb 9 02:17:51 EST 2010

On Tuesday 09 February 2010, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
>Hi,
>
>As I said, something is wrong.
>
>"[CoCo]" is shown as a sub folder to "Inbox". (Windows Explorer) Windows
>Mail shows it correctly under "Local Folders".
>
>I created "[CoCo New]" as a new folder under "Local Folders".
>
>I then tried to move all the sub folders of "[CoCo]" to '[CoCo New]"
>
>Windows Mail shows then all under '[CoCo New]".
>
>But Windows Explorer still shows all the sub folders still under "[CoCo]"
>which is under "Inbox".
>
>???
>
>I need to find a place where Windows Mail experts hang out.
>
>By deleting all the messages in the mailing list folder I was finally able
>to see the unread message and read and delete it.
>
>SHF

Or (sorry Stephen, can't resist the nudge) maybe, just maybe, you need to use
a decent, secure os & email agent?  :-)  In nearly 11 years of using kmail,
on linux for almost 12 years, I don't recall ever having that sort of
problem.  Here, the - key takes me backwards to any unread messages that
might have come from some machine with a fubar'd clock, or the + key takes me
to the next unread message available even if its 30 folder names down the
folder list.  So easy even I can do it.  And my 'inbox' alone is about 8Gb.