[Coco] System gen problem

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 15:18:48 EST 2010

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010, Steven Hirsch wrote:

> I'm sure this is something stupid and obvious, but I'm unable to generate a
> system that includes the drivewire drivers!  Working with NitrOS-9 on my
> hdisk IDE drive and using the mb script and bootlist.bl to control the
> process.

Blast...  Turns out to have been a corrupted floppy image.  All the
drivewire drivers were zero-length.

Went through hoops to do the transfer a different way and have files that
ident properly.  Next problem:

The system boots and shows that the drivewire drivers are installed.  I
know the drivewire server is fine, since I can boot from it when I use the
HDB-DOS EPROM in my floppy controller.

However, I'm not able to access the DW drive from the floppy-booted
system.  From my understanding, the drivewire drive 0 should be accessible
through /x0, correct?  All it does is hang when I try to access that disk.

The Linux drivewire server shows no read or write requests, so it isn't
even making to the wire :-(.

Clearly, I'm down the wrong path here.  As a quick reality check:
Shouldn't it be possible to generate a Nitros-9 system that (a) boots from
a floppy, (b) uses my hard disk as the default drive (dd) and (c) can
access the drivewire volume as /x0?

Steve