[Coco] RSDOS Disk Copy Utility needed

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sat Feb 6 16:29:05 EST 2010

The utility you mention was probably added to the ADOS disk rather than
being on it originally;  I don't recollect the name Back128 at all.
Extended ADOS-3 had exactly what you want built in:
you could give the command BACKUP 0 TO 1,F and the F option would cause the
destination disk to be formatted.  The command was also optimized:  only
occupied grans were copied, which saves a lot of time in copying an only
partially-full disk.  Plus, the order in which sectors on a track were
copied was optimized so that there was quite a bit of time savings even when
copying a full disk.  On top of that, there was a built-in Ramdisk, so if
you were making multiple copies of the same source, you could first copy the
source disk to a Ramdrive and save further time.  I think there may have
been a stand-alone backup utility on the Extended ADOS-3 disk, but it
probably didn't have the F option.  Maybe the Back128 utility is that,
possibly renamed?
Art