[Coco] assembly language question.

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 22:49:10 EST 2010

The 6809 CMP instruction can be either 8 bit or 16 bit. For 16 bit the
operation is: (quote)

Compares the 16-bit contents of the concatenated memory locations M:M+1 to
the contents of the specified register and sets the appropriate condition
codes. Neither the memory locations nor the specified register is modified
unless autoincrement or autodecrement are used. The carry flag represents a
borrow and is set to the inverse of the resulting binary carry.

(/quote)

Regards, Bob Devries
Soldier's Hills 2
Las Pinas City
Philippines

--
Besides a mathematical inclination, an exceptionally good mastery of one's
native tongue is the most vital asset of a competent programmer.

Edsger W.Dijkstra, 18 June 1975