[Coco] spoof e-mail "from coco3.com"

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Feb 22 18:44:44 EST 2010

I'm not sure if anybody else got one of these but someone used my
payment at coco3.com e-mail address and sent me the following message:

To: <payment at coco3.com>
Subject: A new settings file for the payment at coco3.com has just be released

Dear use of the coco3.com mailing service!

We are informing you that because of the security upgrade of the
mailing service your mailbox payment at coco3.com settings were changed.
In order to apply the new set of settings open zip attached file.

Best regards, coco3.com Technical Support.

--------  end of fake e-mail -------

The e-mail of course contained a dangerous .exe file.  I think it
goes without saying that if anybody else gets one of these e-mails,
it's not from me or the site, and do Not open any attachments.

Because of the poor spelling, I can assume it is HexStar or a Russian
bot again, but what do I know.

Ok, has anybody else received an e-mail like the above?

--
~ Roger Taylor