[Coco] assembly language question.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Feb 3 21:10:22 EST 2010

Greets all;

I've read through the moto programmers manual for the 6809 for the cmp
functions, and am still confused.  The cmp function is a subtract function
where the answer is thrown away, only affecting the CC flags so that a
following beq or blo will take the correct jump.  But somehow, it isn't clear
which is subtracted from what.

Given that regs.x contains $02FA, and that the integer memory location
referenced by LblName contains $000A, will the blo take, or be ignored here?

	cmpx  <LblName memory address in DP that holds the $000A above
	blo	somewhere else

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

<cesarb> Damn, every time I spawn, qf-client-x11 locks hard
<Zoid> Don't die?
<Knghtbrd> good incentive.