[Coco] Color Quaver

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Mon Feb 1 18:03:29 EST 2010

I noticed some discussion over on 'coco3.com' about producing
polyphonic music using the CoCo's simple D-to-A converter.  One
product that was brought up was the "Color Quaver" software.  I didn't
know much about this application, so did some reading up.  I have the
original articles from "Color Computer Magazine" and found the textual
repository on the MaltedMedia FTP server.  But I haven't found any
actual binary copies of the application or music samples.

There was talk about five years ago on this list about getting the
original tapes copied, and perhaps moving the application into a disk
image--"Color Quaver" was originally a tape-only program.  Does anyone
know if this project ever moved forward?  Thankfully, images of the
source code still exist, so the program could be reproduced from that,
but that's a whole bunch of work!

-- JP