[Coco] Full GUI DriveWire 4 beta

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 21:33:55 EST 2010

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010, Steven Hirsch wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>
>>> All the libraries are present and I've explictly added everything I
>>> believe
>>> it was complaining about to my class paths.  Doesn't make any difference,
>>> it's still carping about missing XML..something.
>>>

>> Well, this is a clue that something went wrong, as there should not
>> have been any complaints to begin with if the import process went
>> correctly and the environment (stock Eclipse plus the SWT library)
>> were in place.   All the dependencies are included with the source in
>> the CVS repository, there is nothing additional required.
>
> Aaron,
>
> I figured out how to add the local jar files to the build path and it's now
> compiling.  On to problem #2:
>
> When I try to export as a runnable jar file, it wants something called a
> "Launch Configuration", but the pulldown for this is greyed out and
> unpopulated.
>
> What is it looking for?  Where do I find this bit of information?

<sigh>... Nevermind.  I blundered my through creation of the configuration
and the GUI is running now and seems able to talk with the server.

A minor victory, I suppose.

First user comment:  The simple configuration has a pulldown for port
speed, but does not offer the 460k speed that I typically use with the DE1
fpga CoCo 3.  Is there a way to get this to appear?

I'll play with this further tomorrow and let you know how (or if) it goes.

Steve