[Coco] Color FOG versus Drivewire was Re: DW4 - GUI Feedback

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Dec 23 18:48:14 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 03:46:05PM -0500, Robert Gault wrote:
> Willard Goosey wrote:
> >Speaking of the idea of a drivewire-aware BASIC GUI...
> >
> >Is it just me, or does the hi-res mouse driver in Color FOG conflict
> >somehow with HDB-DOS-drivewire?

> I can't start ColorFog with a disk mounted in Drivewire. The install
> program automatically access the real floppies, overriding the DW3 patch.
> Maybe it would work with a DW3 ROM which a don't have.

Huh.  FOG 1.0 happily installed itself to the drivewire "hard drive"
for me.  It just doesn't detect the hi-res mouse adaptor.

And I don't have a DW ROM either.

Admittedly, I haven't made an exhaustive effort to track this down.  I
was in the middle of copying 100+ disks onto Drivewire, tried it,
it didn't work, so I shrugged and went on to the next disk.

> I did test some of my own hi-res mouse drivers from a Basic disk mounted in
> Drivewire and the routines worked, Tandy and CocoMax. I don't have a
> Multiview package I can access from Drivewire, so I have not tested hi-res
> action in OS-9.

OS-9's hi-res mouse works fine with DW, at least for me.  Off the top
of my head, I can't think of any other DECB programs I have that use
the hi-res mouse.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA