[Coco] Tonight's total lunar eclipse...

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Dec 20 20:06:57 EST 2010

On Monday, December 20, 2010 07:54:23 pm Aaron Banerjee did opine:

> Even after 24 years, that little eclipse program for the coco still
> agrees with the newspaper.   If your paper was like ours and only gave
> one time (8:17 GMT), that's for the maximum eclipse.  Not bad for
> rounding down double precision numbers....
>                                  - Aaron

Would that program by any chance be the one I converted from some sort of
truebasic to c, and compiled to run on a coco2 about 24 years ago now??

Good grief, all those years.
     Eclipse Event Summary
Date of eclipse    12/21/2010 AD
Type of eclipse    Total Lunar
Moon is at         Descending node
Moon passes North of earths shadow axis
Eclipse Magnitude  1.251904

     Phase times of eclipse
Moon enters Penumbra   5:39
Moon enters umbra      6:39
Totality begins        7:38
Maximum eclipse        8:17
Totality ends          8:56
Moon leaves umbra      9:55
Moon leaves Penumbra   10:55

Times above are I believe in GMT.  And since the coco's clock doesn't get
corrected for DST, I believe the times here on the right coast at GMT-5?

In any event, pretty close...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)