[Coco] usb to serial adaptors and drivewire

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 14:38:12 EDT 2010

 I don't have any experience with using DriveWire over a serial port, but I
do have some experience with using a USB<->Serial adapter. I can tell you
that it will allow connections through RS232 communications up to 56K. At
least, the one I use to program a digital ticker sign does. This adapter is
a Aten USB to Serial Brdge (using Com1, but is selectable), with a standard
USB connector on one end, and a 9-pin male serial connector on the other
end. The device is built into the end with the 9-pin connector. I think
DriveWire would be usable through it.

Wayne