[Coco] OS-9 DS floppy config - SUCCESS!

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 7 13:42:32 EDT 2010

I put together a Double-sided 40-track disk image that contains this setup, should anyone wish to examine it further.  I'm using this particular image for running Deskmate so it has Deskmate files in the CMDs.  But it can be used to make a OS-9 double-sided boot disk from scratch easily.  I even put a script in the root that does just that for you, targeting /D1, called MAKEBOOT.  It will handle all the formatting, cobbler, bootfix, etc.  Yes, the BOOTFIX is included in the CMDS.  This is utilizing OS9's COBBLER (Renamed on this disk to OS9COBBLER).  I haven't tried using NitrOS9's COBBLER yet with this boot setup.  It's possible that COBBLER may eliminate the need for BOOTFIX since we are now working from a good double-sided boot disk as a source.  I also have my SET540 script in the root that initializes OS9 for text output to a HP Deskjet 540 at 1200baud.

The image has been uploaded to my repository as DMOS9MOD.DSK

My CoCo repository is here http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4fzk73i24xo77

- Chad