[Coco] Speech Systems The Voice

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu Apr 29 19:12:41 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 04:42:46PM -0400, Brian Blake wrote:
> Good afternoon everyone,
>
> I picked up a Speech System cart off eBay last week - 'The Voice' is the one
> I've got, with the Votrax SC-01, not the 'Super Voice.'
[..]
>Does anyone know if the Speech Systems
> device would be compatible with the 'Real Talker' software for the 'Real
> Talker' cart from Colorware?

According to what information I have
http://wwww.sdc.org/~gooosey/coco/cocoio.txt  the SSC Voice pak is
addressed at 0xFF74..0xFF77, and the Colorware Real Talker is at
0xFF80-0xFFBF, so I doubt they're compatible. :-(

But I don't have either, so this is all second-hand data.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard