[Coco] Question about compiling C in OS-9

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Tue Apr 13 09:05:40 EDT 2010

You're right Bob. I went back and looked at the thread and he does have a main function.  One thing I find puzzling though is that in his c.prep test.c output, the main function did not show up (Todd, I presume that you pasted the entire output of the c.prep command).

Still there is no doubt at what the linker is telling us. It fails to see a main function which is required for resolving. I would be inclined to run c.prep test.c again and just verify that there is a main function in there.  If not, then I would look at the source itself.  Line ending issues perhaps?

Boisy

On Apr 13, 2010, at 7:53 AM, Bob Devries wrote:

> Boisy, it's obvious from Todd's first post that he does indeed have a reference to main.
>
> Could it be a compile time memory problem? Seems odd for such a short programme segment.
>
> --
> Besides a mathematical inclination, an exceptionally good mastery of one's native tongue is the most vital asset of a competent programmer.
>
> Edsger W.Dijkstra, 18 June 1975
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Boisy G. Pitre" <boisy at tee-boy.com>

>>> c.prep:
>>> c.pass1:
>>> c.pass2:
>>> c.opt:
>>> c.asm:
>>> c.link:
>>> Unresolved references:
>>> main             cstart_a         in /dd/lib/cstart.r
>>> linker fatal: unresolved references
>>>
>>> - Todd Wallace

>> --
>> Boisy G. Pitre