[Coco] NitrOS-9 "Mascot"

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Apr 11 08:16:27 EDT 2010

----- "Frank Swygert" <farna at att.net> wrote:

> Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 21:35:56 -0400
> From: Todd Wallace <dragonbytes at cox.net>
>
> I like the turtle kind of because its ironic.  Such an old computer
> still plodding along slow compared to modern standards, but fast and
> powerful like nitro for us coco lovers.

> From: "Frank Swygert" <farna at att.net>

> Now there's a good idea! But make it a turtle in a racing helmet with
> goggles and a "NitrOS-9" (NOS) bottle strapped to his shell!! Front
> feet up, sort of an aggressive expression on his face, and "wheels" on
> the back -- sort of like the old Dodge "Super Bee" (or the new Dodge
> truck "Rumble Bee") emblem, but a turtle instead of a bee.

A tortoise, not a turtle.  Trust me, there is a difference.  Turtles don't cross interstate highways. Gopher tortoises do, and some (enough to breed anyway, offspring maybe as smart or fast as their elders) of them live through it.

A herd of gophers crossing I-95S about half a mile north of the border between the Carolinas back in late May '77.  I missed all of them with the front wheels but felt the crunch when the left back wheel of the Corona went over one that hadn't stopped).  I hope the rest of them made it across I-95N.  No, I did not stop, turn around and help them -- let evolution or whatever higher power that helps reptiles [it failed badly about 65 megayears back, maybe it should make up for lost time] do that.  I was on my way to visit my spice in Florida after visiting my family in New Hampshire, and that was a long distance from returning to California at the end of a month's leave from the USAF.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>