[Coco] Rainbow Magazine + iPad = A Dream!

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Mon Apr 5 22:12:06 EDT 2010

ANY tablet type computer will work just fine. Even a Kindle should work
-- it supposedly will display PDF files. You just have to d/l the PDFs
to your computer then U/L to the Kindle. Wife has a Kindle, but we
haven't tried using PDF files with it yet. Lit says it will though.

There should be a few old 486/Pentium tablet type computers around,
something like the Fujistsu Stylistic (http://www.cadigital.com/1000.htm
-- this one is a bit expensive for a 486 DX4/100 to me!) that would be
good for displaying PDF files in the shop. Get rid of Windows and stick
a compact Linux on it to pep it back up. Would be handier than a full
laptop, but a P1 laptop is pretty cheap right now -- as long as you
don't need battery power. Replacement batteries are a big expense!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"