[Coco] Rainbow Magazine + iPad = A Dream!

Rob Rosenbrock rob.coco at zaphod.tzo.com
Mon Apr 5 16:06:42 EDT 2010

I used to work on a lot of equipment where the information is presented in PDF. It sure beats buying a truck just to carry around all of those books.

The screen on my netbook is just a tad too small to see much at a time. Okay, it's way too small to see the drawings of assemblies. I really came to rely upon my laptop, or access to a client's computer. Something like the iPad would have been fantastic just to be able to see a whole page at one time. However, nothing can compare with an actual book or magazine. I carried around printouts of the pages I needed to see the most -- if they got lost or ruined, I could always make another copy.

I suspect the iPad will be most useful with magazines. I've found I can get a digital subscription and not have back issues littering the room. Far easier to read with an iPad than all of the scrolling needed on the computer.