[Coco] Color LOGO

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Apr 2 01:08:27 EDT 2010

On Friday 02 April 2010, Arthur Flexser wrote:
>I recently got a couple of alerts from Gmail attached to CoCo messages,
>possibly on this topic, saying they were allowed into my Inbox only
> because of my filter settings (allow any message with "[CoCo] in the
> subject heading), and might not be from whom they appeared to be.  Wonder
> what suddenly started setting off alarm bells?
>
>(I think one of them might have been from Carlos...maybe a lot of spam
> comes from Brazil??)
>
>Art

Brazil is taunting the rest of the world to do an 'internet black hole' to
them.  One ISP in particular UOL.com.br probably sends 100 million 'spams' a
minute.  I long since identified their main server by ip address, and
anything that gets by any of the 3 servers I suck, which lately isn't much,
is detected and sent to /dev/null.  The only higher traffic seems to come
out of N. Korea, but they only clean up their act about 10% when they've
been black holed for a week.  No idea what their status is.

An internet black hole is when the 1st level DNS servers are set to fail at
looking them up by name, so the only way you can communicate is by known
good ip addresses.  If the top level servers cancel, then the rest follow
suit as the records expire, in some cases less than an hour and poof, gone.

Just for the stats, 493 spams have been sent to /dev/null so far this week
by procmail after getting a failing grade from spamassassin.  And
spamassassin graded the message I'm replying to at -3.3.  A 5 * rating or
more, some might be rated at 50 * or more, sends it to my black hole that
never gains weight.

[...]

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

No matter what other nations may say about the United States,
immigration is still the sincerest form of flattery.