[Coco] DriveWire in MESS and on YouTube

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 00:21:22 EDT 2010

Thanks to John Linville, you can now use DriveWire in a CoCo running
in the MESS emulator.  Doing so is not for the faint of heart, as it
requires patching the MESS source and building your own version,
pulling the very latest DW4 from CVS, and building that, and making
your own OS-9 boot disk with the proper drivers (this part should be
easier once I get a makefile committed).   Once that's done, it works
very well.

Since we now have DriveWire in an emulator, I decided to make a movie
of all the fun things that can be done.  You can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8iVFBvtHM0

I show some of the DW commands for disk management, transferring files
into the CoCo from remote sources, printing with the Epson FX80
emulator, and telneting in and out of the CoCo.  There were a few
things I realized later I would have liked to do, but I think it's
good enough for a first shot :)

-Aaron