[Coco] SRB (c) software Notice

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Apr 19 11:24:04 EDT 2010

Dear CoCo community,

It has been brought to my attention numerous times now and in the
past that no software or games written by Steve Bjork can be
distributed, and is why I have gone through any archives I've passed
along and removed any of his old titles.  The wish is that these
titles die until the rightful owner chooses to do something with
them.  The problem is that they are all over the web and easily end
up in archives unless somebody painfully goes through each disk image
or directory and deletes them.  The general rule is that once
something is on the web - " it ain't going away ", so... Houston we
have a problem.  The problem is that everybody seems to be sharing
this stuff except for me.  I truly believe that most everybody has a
"free" copy of all of the SRB titles, based on how many times I've
seen them just by googling around sites and such.  The math says that
the typical CoCo file leecher (that's a good thing), *probably* has
one or more of these games somewhere and might not even be aware of
it.  People who share their stuff might not be aware they are
breaking any rules.

I wanted to make it clear that if anybody has gone the extra mile to
send these old games to the bit bucket, it has been me.  Not because
I want them to vanish from history, but by request.  Just now, going
through the Drive Pak's disk #27, I noticed popcorn.bin and
analyzer.bin and immediately deleted them.  Luckily, I just added
that disk recently, and it's on nothing I've sent out.

I also want to make it clear that the pak is still a great product
even if it's sent with a blank card, and that in no way will the
contents of the card be considered the product itself, nor am I
making any profit off of a single file I've grabbed from the web and
placed onto the card.  In fact, I'm about $3,000 in the hole with
making these paks and might not ever see a dime of profit.  It's a
labor of love.

The good part is that you can add your own disks and files to the pak
quite easily.  So if you purchased one of the SRB games back in the
80's or 90's and you wish for it to be on your pak, there's plenty of
room for it, and you can just use BACKUP to get it on there, but
don't distribute such a card image to anyone else, because there's no
proof that I didn't put the files there, and I don't need any drama.

Still, there are probably 2,000 P.D. CoCo programs on the distro card
at this time.  You won't be a bit disappointed when you don't see an
SRB game.  There's just too many other cool games.

--
~ Roger Taylor