[Coco] rsdos or pcdos source

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Sep 25 16:44:58 EDT 2009

On Friday 25 September 2009, Joel Ewy wrote:
>Willard Goosey wrote:
>> Does anyone have source for the OS-9 utilities "rsdos" and/or "pcdos"?
>> Once I'm done with curses, I want to investigate getting OS-9 to read
>> foreign disk formats.
>>
>> I've got the docs and source for the cc3disk patch to enable the
>> ability, but I'd like to see how it actually works.
>>
>> Thanks in Advance
>> Willard
>
>Are you thinking about a proper file manager?  I have wondered if a
>generalized FAT-style file manager could be made to handle both RS-DOS
>and PC-DOS file systems, with the device descriptors telling the driver
>which one to use.
>
>JCE

That would be sweet, Joel.  Something along the lines of the linux mc
(Midnight Commander), a 2 panel thing showing both directories.  And
something that can do both hard and soft linkages would be nice too.

I always intended to write an os9 version of ln, but miss-laid my round tuit.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

"Paul Lynde to block..."