[Coco] CoCo Serial to Parallel, "CoCo1 Floppy Drive Controller Boards" (ebay)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Oct 29 02:25:48 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 28 October 2009, Torsten Dittel wrote:
>Torsten Dittel schrieb:
>> this seller has a bunch of "CoCo1 Floppy Drive Controller Boards" for
>> sale too:
>> ebay item # 300360514419
>
>Hmmm... there's a capacitor looking damaged, so I wouldn't dare to go
>for those:
>
>http://www.c-reset.com/images/coco-fc3.jpg

That of course is not the whole pix, but a capacitor like that is likely a
bypass and its value isn't critical.  They don't usually short from a break
like that.  If there is nothing else wrong, its probably fine.  If its
shorted, its also a $0.25 part and I have a good temp controlled soldering
iron.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.