[Coco] Micro SD CoCo

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 23 09:56:21 EDT 2009

I already use a single 64MB compact flash card as my CoCo .dsk image back up
device...  But this is used connected to a PC and I backup/restore real CoCo
5.25 floppies using it. Heck, I even duplicate the backup process by backing
up to my CCR-81 tape every so often. I see the benefit, but I also like to
keep true to the spirit of the CoCo by running a true unit with a real 5.25
drive system.  A super speed system (or emulator) with extremely vast and
fast direct storage just doesn't seem like a CoCo anymore but some kind of
imposter. I believe one has to use a CoCo in its originally designed
hardware configurations in order to appreciate the beauty of it and how far
we've come since. Flash storage is awesome, but I acquired spare 5.25 floppy
drives that are boxed up for safe keeping and many boxes of 5.25 floppy
disks that have never been opened.  In a way, it almost feels like I'm
wasting my time sometimes with the CF backups because the real floppy system
does so well and, in my experience, has been extremely reliable.