[Coco] Micro SD CoCo

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Thu Oct 22 10:43:34 EDT 2009

I'm not sure I really see the point of making a card OS-9/DECB accessible. There might be a lot of wasted space, but the cards are cheap enough that one for each shouldn't be a problem. SD or Micro SD really doesn't matter. The smaller cards are even cheaper now -- if you can find them! a 512MB  card would be great for DECB, a 1-2GB better for OS-9. No hard drive at all, just a card!

I would think that any program that does disk access through the DECB ROM should work. As I'm sitting here thinking though, I do recall that some of the copy protection schemes (and maybe a couple programs) by-pass the ROM and directly access the disk controller. Those would be a problem.

Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:27:36 -0500
From: Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com>

Well folks, tonight I have the CoCo's first Micro SD pak.    This is
the same wireless pak model but with a different module plugged into
the header.  I just DSKINI'ed DRIVE 0 and saved 2 BASIC programs,
typed DIR, and there they are.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"