[Coco] Strange.... two 40 track disks on one 80 track disk?

Fedor Steeman petrander at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 16:50:11 EDT 2009

Hi,

Some time ago I acquired this huge collection of diskettes that were part of
a user group's CoCo software library. A lot of these are backups of backups
so there is bound to be a lot of stuff I will be able to recover.

There are a large number of diskettes that seem to contain a backup of two
40 tracks diskettes on one side of an assumed 80 track diskette.

However, I can only access the first diskette of each of these backup
floppies. I know because some of them have their contents listed on the
envelope (or whatever you called the paper bag the diskette is in).

I have a drive that can be switched from 80 to 40 tracks but that made no
difference.

Is there some way in HDB DOS that I am using (or RSDOS for that matter) that
would enable access to the other 40 tracks and thus the other diskette
backup?

Thanks for any help...

Cheers,
Fedor