[Coco] CoCo Serial to Parallel

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 27 12:22:15 EDT 2009

Have been getting rid of some old Tandy dot-matrix printers lately.tired of
the racket and can't find ribbons  (They were jamming half the time
anyways).

I do however still have a old HP DeskJet 540 and DeskJet 550c stored up in
perfect working order.  I held onto these because I knew they would print
directly from true MS-DOS (something modern printers won't do) and I can
still get ink for cheap for them.  I think there used to be some sort of
CoCo serial to parallel convertor that would enable one to print from CoCo
to a printer such as these, but I can't seem to find one.  Does anyone know
where I might be able to obtain one?

-          Chad