[Coco] Telnet to your CoCo.. and invite 6 of your friends

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 28 23:37:21 EST 2009

I am probably too ignorant to even touch on this topic, but it seems to me it's a matter of permissions. Just like with Unix, OS-9 allows you to set access permissions based on the attributes of the file/folder/program. In order for a user to use a program, they have to have permission to access the directory, and the file and/or program to use it.

With this in mind, one can establish a userlevel that makes it possible to prevent users with lower access levels from using or accessing things requiring higher access levels. Is this not the case with OS-9?

I seem to recall something about userlevel using tsmon. Again, I'm not that educated in this field, so please forgive any implication of understanding on my part.

Wayne