[Coco] Telnet to your CoCo.. and invite 6 of your friends

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Nov 28 17:17:12 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 07:53:42AM -0500, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> I've got the inbound TCP connection portion of my project completed.
> You can now have up to 7 inbound connections to your CoCo using
> telnet.

Before you get to crazy with this you might want to play around with
programs that use setuid().  I was thumbing through the Tandy LII docs
a few days ago and noticed that, according to that infamously
error-ridden book, F$SETID (or whatever exactly it's called) doesn't
do any sort of security check, it just succeeds.  In other words, any
user can change his user id to any other user.

Or, the book could be wrong.  Again.

Or, Boisy (or the earlier NitrOS people) might have done something to
fix this.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA