[Coco] Caring for a CoCo

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 03:55:46 EST 2009

I think I will explore the option of a small fan like those found on
some CPU heatsinks.  Probably have one around somewhere and it sounds
like the general consensus is that reducing the heat would be a good
thing.

My main/dev CoCo is one I bought on ebay, premodified in a number of
ways, 6309 and some other handmade improvements.  It runs very well
but some strange things have happened inside.  The power button has
been replaced with a wire nut somehow (works fine) and the power cord
replaced with a heavier and 3 pronged cord.  From these changes and
the newish appearance of the components in the power supply, I think
it may have been replaced or serviced in recent years.  Sounds like
that's a good thing, if true.

I've given it quite a workout in the past week, but it's solid as a
rock so far.  Well.. as stable as any machine can be when I'm making
it run code that I wrote :)

Thanks for the info.
-Aaron