[Coco] CoCoNet status

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Wed Nov 11 20:03:28 EST 2009

Hmm.... well, now that you have the CoNect wireless pack you need to work on a Linux (or some other OS) live CD that will boot on a monitor and keyboardless PC with Bluetooth enabled (of course a Bluetooth device would be needed). Then one could fire up the CoCo beside it and use the PC as a simple slave storage system. Instead of a live CD a bootable USB drive might be better --just run from it. Get a small ITX board with Bluetooth and drives and that's all you'd need for a drive sub-system for the CoCo. Some of the Mini ITX boards, especially older ones, are rather cheap, like these:
http://www.surplusgizmos.com/Single-Board-Computers-SBC_c_41.html
Six for $130 = $21.67 each (your cost... sell them with a CoCoNet pack....)
Not 100% sure, but I think they are these:
http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?item=34631
Of course you'd have to contact SurplusGizmos and find out for sure what the little boards have. Should be a USB Bluetooth transmitter available...

Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 19:13:18 -0600
From: Roger Taylor <operator at coco3.com>

I'm trying to eliminate the need for these hard-to-get devices. It's
time to emulate or eliminate the dying peripherals.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"