[Coco] rs232/bitbanger in MESS?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 23:54:21 EST 2009

Hi,

Looking through the MESS source, I find some interesting files in the
src/mess/devices directory:  coco_232.c and bitbngr.c.   The head of
the coco_232 file says "Code for emulating the CoCo RS-232 PAK".
bitbngr.c says "TRS style "bitbanger" serial port".  There is also a
file called orch90.c with description "Code for emulating the CoCo
Orch-90 (Orchestra 90) sound cartridge".

I am having no luck figuring out how I would use these, or finding any
reference to them.  Anybody have any info?

-Aaron