[Coco] DriveWire netdisks

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 00:58:53 EST 2009

I just put together another "proof of concept" type hack for
DriveWire.  This modification allows you to attach disk images to your
CoCo that are located on another server, using TCP.   I just booted my
CoCo off an image on my web server which is in Dallas TX, my Coco and
I live in south Florida.  Pretty cool :)

The repository provides a listing of available disk images and their
description (in the future this could be done better or with more
detail).  Choose a name from the list, and it's instantly "in the
drive" of your CoCo.  Current version only allows reading the disks,
but maybe something could be worked out to allow
controlled/protected/authenticated/etc writing to the images as well.

If anyone wants to play hunt the bugs with this, I put the initial
code on my coco project page at http://aaronwolfe.com/coco

-Aaron