[Coco] Caring for a CoCo

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:16:29 EST 2009

Hi,

As I've been running my development Coco quite a bit lately, I started
wondering about what is the best way to keep it running as long as
possible.
I've also considered running a Coco 24/7 as a server of sorts.  I am
not a hardware guy, so a failed component would be a big problem for
me.

Are there any tips for running an old Coco as "safely" as possible?
They seem to get pretty warm along the top side where the vents are,
especially my 6309/512k upgraded model.  Would removing the shell
improve cooling?  Possibly cutting a hole and installing a small fan?
Are the components designed well enough for 24/7 operation in general,
and does this raise any special concerns?

Thanks for any tips
-Aaron