[Coco] Drive Pak information

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Nov 16 12:46:12 EST 2009

Here Ye

I've set a deal price for the Drive Pak while I'm wrapping up the
CoCoNet ROM.  It will include a MicroSD card and you can of course
swap out the cards, but I doubt you'll run out of space.  See the
front page of coco3.com for more info.

The Drive Pak with CoCoNet ROM (required) can auto-boot into DOS or
NitrOS-9 automatically, get bitbanger drives as well, and more.  Real
drives are supported as usual, and 6551-based drives if you have an
MPI and the CoCoNet server running.

The bottom line is that you can take a bare CoCo 1/2 or 3, insert the
Drive Pak, and boot or auto-boot into the OS-9 system on it, or use
hundreds of floppy disks.  I am storing as many cool disks as
possible in the main DOS partition.  My pak's AUTOBOOT.BAS program
detects a CoCo 1/2 or 3 and boots into the right NitrOS-9 L1 or L2
automatically, and it's Quick.
--
~ Roger Taylor