[Coco] Sculptor for OS9 Level II (6809) / Level 1 (68000)

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Sun May 31 23:07:24 EDT 2009

Fred D. Provoncha wrote:
>> Message: 5
>> Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 21:35:25 -0700
>> From: Jim Cox <nutz4coco at gmail.com>
>> Subject: [Coco] Sculptor for OS9 Level II (6809) / Level 1 (68000)
>> To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
>>
>> While going through my stuff I came across a software package called
>> Sculptor.  The main components of the manual and all the software are
>> still
>> sealed.
>>
>> Sculptor was made in 1987 by Microprocessor Developments Limited in
>> the UK.
>>
>> I don't know much else about the software, but it can be installed on
>> the
>> following OSs: MS DOS / PC DOS, OS9 Level II (6809), OS9 Level I
>> (68000),
>> Uniflex (6809), Uniflex (68000), Unix / Xenix, and Vax VMS.
>>
>> If anyone knows anything about this software and / or is interested
>> in it
>> the please contac me.
>>
>> Jim Cox
>> http://miba51.blogspot.com/
>> http://geekswhocare.blogspot.com/
>> http://8-bit-retro-computing.blogspot.com/
>
> Sculptor was distributed by Frank Hogg Laboratories. It's often
> considered the best database program available for the Coco3. Back in
> the day it was quite an expensive package, beyond my budget at the
> time. It's quite a rare item. I'd love to have a copy of it, but I've
> never been able to find one. Any chances that images of those disks
> and docs could be made and uploaded somewhere?
>
> Fred Provoncha
> Stansbury Park, UT
>

> --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! --
> http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---

I did service work for Kodak, and used Sculptor to keep track of my
parts inventory.  I had a vt100 set up in my garage with a serial cable
through the attic to my coco.  Part of the data base compiling was
setting up the terminal to be used. So when I logged on from the vt100
all the menu's worked properly on the screen etc. Worked pretty slick.
I only had around 500 parts, but I kept track of what was in my trunk,
and what was orderd,a nd in the mail. etc.  I could also pull many types
of reports to print etc.  Had a customer database with sculptor also.
It worked for mailing labels etc. Its all still working to.  Except now
I can log on to it from any where via telnet!

Tim