[Coco] So, would you like a little Internet with your CoCo?

Steve Bjork 6809er at bjork-huffman.net
Mon May 18 11:32:24 EDT 2009

I do have a few questions for you to think about on this CoCo web
standard ...

1) Do we limit the CoCo web browser it to just the CoCo 3 or include the
CoCo 1/2 too?  (The are good reasons to limiting it to a fully loaded
CoCo 3 with 512k of ram.)

2) Should the display just be text only or push it a bit with a 320 by
224 by 16 color with very limited graphics.

3) We could use the 640 by 224 by 4 color mode with even more limited
graphics.

(Please note that graphics screens would let us use variable-length
fonts to make the text easier to read and embed graphics too.
It could be up the web page's header data to select the type of graphics
mode to best display the page.)

4) Besides web browser, what other web applications do we what to support?

5) What type of "push" API would be useful for CoCo programs?