[Coco] [Color Computer] Way around it?

bkheath at gmail.com bkheath at gmail.com
Tue May 12 22:05:41 EDT 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Arthur Flexser wrote:

> I may be mistaken, but I don't think the average generic cassette
> recorder has an input jack for turning the motor off and on, does it?
> So vacuumboy would have to start and stop it manually.
>
> Art

It wasn't exactly universal but it was very common for portable
cassette players to have remote on/off switch on the mike, and they
used the same jack in the same position on the case as Tandy's
"Computer Cassette" recorders.

For that matter any decent recorder should work, doesn't have to
be cassette (and yes, some reel-to-reel players had the remote
switch jack also).

Brett K. Heath