[Coco] CoCo 3 68000/RAM board project

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun May 10 22:11:01 EDT 2009

A plugin GIME replacement is a real possibility.

It would take me a week or so to redo the board in Eagle and three weeks
for fabrication and shipping. Then add another two months or more to finish
the video section and test the core.

After all that the final product will not have gold plated fingers to plug into
the existing PLCC socket. For small quantity boards hard electroplated gold
fingers is cost prohibitive. Other gold plating methods that are cheaper do
not have durability of multiple plug in and out before the gold is worn off.

All this will take into my time to accomplish what I want to do first. Maybe
after what I have planed is done it will be short work to do a plug in GIME
chip replacement.

Good luck on your study of Motorola processors. The more the better.

james