[Coco] FD-502 drive

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sun May 10 16:03:05 EDT 2009

It's the Tandy FD-502 that has the "funky" little connecter.  The connecter
you are probably looking at is a couple of times larger and wedge
shaped...identical to the power connectors in PC's for their IDE hard drives
and CD/DVD-ROMS.  I snipped the spare power connecter on my FD-502 case and
solder-spliced in a new stander IDE connector and can now run the normal
360k IBM-PC/AT 5.25 floppies just fine.  The wiring is the same, outers are
+12VDC,+5VDC and the inner lines are negative ground.

I would only keep the original FD-502 power connector if you are determined
to find a original Tandy FD-502 drive unit...which to my understanding are
extremely rare.

- Chad