[Coco] Question about CoCoNet

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu May 7 12:20:40 EDT 2009

At 11:39 PM 5/6/2009, you wrote:
>On 5/6/09, Ed Orbea wrote:
> > I have not seen anything posted recently but I might of missed
> something. Is
> > there any information regarding Roger's CoCoNet. I have his wireless pak,
> > and am anticipating the release of CoCoNet. So, is there any information
> > available either from Roger or someone else?
> >

>Roger has been quiet lately.  I hope everything is okay.

Just been overall very busy lately.  Rewriting the Rainbow IDE from
the ground up which is now a Visual Studio .NET solution, so expect
the best.  One person is currently playing around with a basic build
of CoCoNet (6551) on a wireless pak and I'm trying to find time to
put in the timeout code which is missing.  The bitbanger version
still needs that 1% final touch before I'm satisfied with releasing the code.

A person playing around with the 6551 version now is running NitrOS-9
wirelessly by way of booting up with DECB (with CoCoNet patches),
running the Window servlet, typing DOS, and booting into a
CoCoNet-ready version of NitrOS-9... actually, it's just NitrOS-9
with CoCoNetRBF and virtual floppy devices, and ofcourse the 6551
boot module.  Just plug the "CoCoNet pak" in, type DOS, and NitrOS-9
is at the prompt within maybe 15 seconds?

When I put in the timeout and error code I'll have more people
testing, or just release the dern thing but not burn any EPROMs for
anybody until enough feedback has been gathered to prove it's working
well for Everybody, not just 3 or 4 CoCo setups.  Again, CoCoNet will
be free software.

>While waiting for CoCoNet I have managed to patch the DriveWire
>HDB-DOS 1.2D to work with the wireless pak (and most wired serial paks
>as well).  This gives me wireless Disk Basic but no support for
>NitrOS-9.  Printing from Basic to the DriveWire server has also been
>added.
>
>If anyone would like a copy of the patched ROM image drop me a message
>(off list please).
>
>Boisy has asked me to make it clear that this patch is not supported
>by Cloud-9, so please don't ask him for any help with it.
>
>Darren
>
>--

Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com